John Williams: Conductor
In a career that spans five decades, John Williams has become one of America’s most accomplished and successful composers for film and for the concert stage. He has served as music director and laureate conductor of one of the country’s treasured musical institutions, the Boston Pops Orchestra, and he maintains thriving artistic relationships with many of the world’s great orchestras, including the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the New York Philharmonic, the Chicago Symphony and the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Mr. Williams has received a variety of prestigious awards, including the National Medal of Arts, the Kennedy Center Honor, the Olympic Order, and numerous Academy Awards®, Grammy Awards®, Emmy Awards® and Golden Globe Awards®. He remains one of our nation’s most distinguished and contributive musical voices.
John Williams Conductor is a new 20-CD box set that features all of his definitive recordings for Sony Classical including The Star Wars Trilogy, The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration, Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams, American Journey, Summon the Heroes and more plus a 40 page perfect-bound book.
CD1 : Music of the Night: Pops on Broadway (1990)
- Everything's Coming Up Roses from Gypsy
- No One Is Alone from Into the Woods
- Gotta Dance - a Tribute to Jerome Robbins
- I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables
- Bernstein on Broadway
- The Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera
- Andrew Lloyd Webber Trilogy
- Send in the Clowns from a Little Night Music
- Let Me Entertain You: the Music of Jule Styne
- Suite from Miss Saigon: Claude-Michel Schonberg
- Love Changes Everything from Aspects of Love
- The Trolley Song from Meet Me in St. Louis
CD2 : John Williams Conducts The Star Wars Trilogy (1990)
- Main Theme (from "Star Wars")
- Princess Leia from Star Wars
- The Little People from Star Wars
- The Imperial March (from "the Empire Strikes Back")
- Yoda's Theme from the Empire Strikes Back
- Parade of the Ewoks from Return of the Jedi
- The Asteroid Field from the Empire Strikes Back
- Luke and Leia from Return of the Jedi
- The Cantina Band from Star Wars
- Here They Come! from Star Wars
- Jabba the Hutt from Return of the Jedi
- The Forest Battle from Return of the Jedi
- Throne Room and Finale from Star Wars
CD3 : The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration (1990)
- Raiders March from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
- Theme from "Always"
- Adventures on Earth from "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"
- Theme from "Sugarland Express"
- Title Theme from "Jaws"
- Out to Sea / the Shark Cage Fugue from "Jaws"
- Exsultate Justi from "Empire of the Sun"
- Parade of the Slave Children from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"
- Over the Moon from "E.T. the Extra Terrestrial"
- March from "1941"
- Cadillac of the Skies from "Empire of the Sun"
- Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind/When You Wish Upon a Star Medley
CD4 : I Love a Parade (1991)
- I Love a Parade
- Midway March
- Washington Post March
- Seventy-Six Trombones
- El Capitan
- South Rampart Street Parade
- Semper Fidelis
- Liberty Bell March
- Colonel Bogey March
- Strike Up the Band
- The Thunderer
- Hands Across the Sea
- King Cotton
- Pops on the March
- Under the Double Eagle
- Stars and Stripes Forever
CD5 : The Green Album (1992)
- God Bless America
- Theme for Earth Day
- This Land Is Your Land
- Deep River
- On the Trail from Grand Canyon Suite
- Simple Gifts from Appalachian Spring
- Make Our Garden Grow from Candide
- Wind on the Water from the Last Whale
- Green Leaves of Summer
- The Promise of Living from the Tender Land
- Sunrise from Grand Canyon Suite
- Appalachian Morning
- America the Beautiful
CD6 : Joy to the World (1992)
- A Christmas Festival
- A Visit from Saint Nicholas
- White Christmas
- March of the Toys (from "Babes in Toyland")
- Somewhere in My Memory (from "Home Alone")
- Holiday Flight (from "Home Alone")
- A Christmas Bouquet
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers
- Star of Bethlehem (from "Home Alone")
- Christmas Night Medley
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Sleigh Ride
- A Merry Littley Sing-Along
CD7 : Night and Day: Celebrate Sinatra (1993)
- You Make Me Feel So Young
- In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning
- Night and Day
- The Lady Is a Tramp
- Strangers in the Night
- I Have Dreamed
- Fly Me to the Moon
- New York, New York
- Luck Be a Lady
- I Get a Kick Out of You
- Mack the Knife (Moritat)
- The Shadow of Your Smile (Love Theme from "the Sandpiper")
- Softly, As I Leave You
- The Summer Wind (Sommerwind)
- One for My Baby
CD8 : Unforgettable (1993)
- My Funny Valentine
- The Way We Were
- The Song Is You
- Long Ago and Far Away
- Satin Doll
- Sophisticated Lady
- Begin the Beguine
- Stella By Starlight
- Moonlight Serenade
- 's Wonderful
- Through the Eyes of Love
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
- Star Dust
CD9 : Music for Stage and Screen (1994)
- Morning on the Ranch
- The Gift
- 3a. Dream March
- 3b. Circus March
- 4. Walk to the Bunkhouse
- 5. Grandfather's Tale
- 6. Happy Ending
- I. Theme from "Born on the Fourth of July"
- II. Cua Viet River, Vietnam 1968
- III. Massapequa...the Early Days
- Quiet City, for Strings, Trumpet and English Horn
- The Reivers*
CD10 : It Don’t Mean a Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing (1994)
- Don't Be That Way (1938)
- Cherokee (1939)
- I Can't Get Started (With You)
- One O'clock Jump (1938)
- Marie (1928)
- Sing, Sing, Sing ("With a Swing") (1937)
- Frenesi (1940)
- Little Brown Jug (1869)
- Back Bay Shuffle
- Trumpet Blues and Cantabile
- Green Eyes (1929)
- Chattanooga Choo Choo (1941)
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (from Company B)(1941)
- It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) (1932)
CD11 : Williams on Williams: The Classic Spielberg Scores (1995)
- Flying from "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"
- Theme from "Jurassic Park"
- Remembrances from "Schindler's List"
- Flight to Neverland from "Hook"
- The Battle of Hollywood from "1941"
- Smee's Plan from "Hook"
- The Barrel Chase from "Jaws"
- My Friend,the Brachiosaurus from "Jurassic Park"
- Jim's New Life from "Empire of the Sun"
- The Dialogue from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
- The Lost Boys Ballet from "Hook"
- Theme from "Schindler's List"
- The Basket Chase from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
- The Face of Pan from "Hook"
- The Banquet Scene from "Hook"
CD12 : Summon the Heroes (1996)
- Summon the Heroes (for Tim Morrison)
- O Fortuna from Carmina Burana
- Bugler's Dream and Olympic Fanfare Medley
- Ode to Zeus from Canto Olympico
- Olympic Hymn
- Festive Overture, Op.96
- Conquest of Paradise (Theme)
- Parade of Charioteers from Ben Hur
- Toward a New Life
- Chariots of Fire (Theme)
- The Olympic Spirit
CD13 : Cinema Serenade (1997)
- The Color Purple: Main Title
- Scent of a Woman: Tango (Por Una Cabeza)
- Yentl: Papa, Can You Hear Me?
- Il Postino: Theme
- The Age of Innocence: Theme
- Theme from"Far and Away"
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg: I Will Wait for You
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Theme
- Sabrina: Theme
- Out of Africa: Main Title
- Black Orpheus: Manha De Carnaval
- Theme (from "Schindler's List")
- Cinema Paradiso: Love Theme
CD14 : The Five Sacred Trees (1997)
- I. Eo Mugna
- II. Tortan
- III. Eo Rossa
- IV. Craeb Uisnig
- V. Dathi
- Tree Line
- Andante Con Moto
- Double Fugue (Moderato Maestoso, Allegro Vivo)
- Andante Espressivo
- Old and Lost Rivers
CD15 : The Hollywood Sound (1997)
- Lawrence of Arabia- Overture
- Flying Theme (from "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial")
- Out of Africa- Main Title
- Wizard of Oz- Fantasy for Orchestra Medley: March of the Winkies & Witches/Bicycle Music/Cyclone/Ding Dong, the Witch Is Dead/Over the Rainbow
- Theme (from "Jaws")
- The Adventures of Robin Hood- Robin Hood and His Merry Men
- Pocahontas- Theme: Colors of the Wind
- The Last Emperor- Theme
- A Place in the Sun- Suite
- Godfather II (Main Title - the Immigrant)
- Dances With Wolves- John Dunbar Theme
- The Devil and Daniel Webster- Mr. Scratch
- Theme (from "Beauty and the Beast")
- The Best Years of Our Lives- Theme
- Main Title (from "Star Wars")
CD16 : Gershwin Fantasy (1998)
- Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra on Porgy and Bess (Excerpts)
- I. Allegro Ben Ritmato E Deciso
- II. Andante
- III. Allegro Ben Ritmato E Deciso
- I Got Rhythm
- Embraceable You
- Nice Work If You Can Get It
- Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)
- But Not for Me
- Sweet and Low-Down*
- Love Is Here to Stay
CD17 : Cinema Serenade 2 (1999)
- Theme from Laura (1944)
- Theme from Now, Voyager (1942)
- Smile from Modern Times (1936)
- Love Theme from Lost Weekend (1945)
- St. Patrick's Day from the Quiet Man (1952)
- Marian & Robin Love Theme from the Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
- As Time Goes By from Casablanca (1942)
- Touch Her Soft Lips and Part from Henry V (1944)
- Stella By Starlight from the Uninvited (1944)
- Theme from My Foolish Heart (1949)
- Tara's Theme (from "Gone With the Wind" 1939)
- Cathy's Theme from Wuthering Heights (1939)
CD18 : Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams (2002)
- I. Theme and Cadenza
- II. Blues -
- III. Scherzo
- IV. Song
- Elegy for Cello and Orchestra
- The Long Road North
CD19 : American Journey (2002)
- Call of the Champions (the Official Theme of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games)
- I. Immigration and Building
- II. the Country at War
- III. Popular Entertainment
- IV. Arts and Sports
- V. Civil Rights and the Women's Movement
- VI. Flight and Technology
- Song for World Peace
- Jubilee 350
- The Mission Theme (Theme for NBC News)
- For New York (Variations on Themes of Leonard Bernstein)
- Sound the Bells!
- Hymn to New England
- Celebrate Discovery
- Summon the Heroes (for Tim Morrison)
CD20 : Spielberg/Williams Collaboration, Part III (2017)
- The Adventures of Mutt from "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"
- Dry Your Tears, Afrika from "Amistad"
- The Bfg from "the Bfg"
- With Malice Toward None from "Lincoln"
- The Duel from "the Adventures of Tintin"
- A New Beginning from "Minority Report"
- Movement 1: Closing in
- Movement 2: Reflections
- Movement 3: Joy Ride
- Marion's Theme from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
- Hymn to the Fallen from "Saving Private Ryan"
- Dartmoor, 1912 from "War Horse"
- Viktor's Tale from "the Terminal"
- Prayer for Peace from "Munich"
- Immigration and Building from "the Unfinished Journey"
- With Malice Toward None from "Lincoln"
Release Date: February 02, 2018
Catalog Number: 88985417792
Label: Sony Music Entertainment
Number of Discs: 20
Period: 20th Century
Composer: Aaron Copland, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Bert Kaempfert, Claude-Michel Schönberg, Cole Porter, Cy Coleman, David Mann, Dimitri Tiomkin, Ferde Grofé, George Gershwin, Graham Nash, Harold Arlen, Henry Thacker Burleigh, Hugh Martin, Irving Berlin, John Philip Sousa, John T. Williams, John Williams, Josef Franz Wagner, Josef Myrow, Jule Styne, Kenneth Alford, Leon Jessel, Leonard Bernstein, Leroy Anderson, Meredith Willson, Patrick M. Williams, Paul Halley, Paul Simon, Ray Bauduc, Richard Rodgers, Samuel Augustus Ward, Stephen Sondheim, Traditional, Various, Victor Herbert, Woody Guthrie
Conductor: Hans Stadlmair, John Williams
Orchestra/Ensemble: Boston Pops, Skywalker Symphony Orchestra, Tanglewood Festival Chorus